Saturday, June 12, 2010

I should probably introduce Indy. I haven't had a pickup dog for twenty years. He's the best. His Mom is a Golden Retriever and his Dad was a sneaky neighbor dog. (It's a common breed.) He's nine months old and weighs 90 pounds. Very mellow temprment. He's the perfect dog for me.
My son, Jonathan, suggested the name. Do you remember that we find out in the third movie that Indiana Jones is named after the family dog? Well, there you go.
Indy goes just about everywhere with me. Yes, I do let him ride in the cab. I got him last Fall and he was too small to stick in back during the winter. Now he is obviously fairly comfortable riding shotgun. He does like riding in back, but prefers in the cab with me.
If you haven't seen it I love the poem 'GoD and DoG"by Wendy Franciso. www.youtube.com/wath?v=H17edn_RZoy

This week on the farm? Thrips in the blackeyes, mites in teh almonds and weeds in the garbanzos. It's always something.
It was cool and windy ealrier in the week. Now it is warming up again. We'll start the next field of cotton irrigation next week.

This week's cooking tip- Basque marinade for hamburgers. Adds a nice touch on the BBQ.

Hope you all have a great week.
Puppy kisses and tail wags from Indy.

No comments:

Post a Comment