Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Beginning of Fall is in the Air

Not much new on the farm this week. Working in the shop. Waiting for the cotton leaves to fall off. Does anyone know what the weather will be like in November. If I knew it wasn't going to rain until after Thanksgiving I could sleep better at night.
   I do love the Fall colors.

I think the prettiest farm fields for Fall colors are the peach orchards. They can really light up. We may not be in the great Northeast, but we can still see and feel Fall coming.

Hmmm. I mentioned BBQ last week. Just a few more weeks and BBQ weather will be gone. Last night I made Cajun shrimp. Here's the mix.

Cajun Seasoning Salt
1 TBS garlic salt
1 TBS onion salt
2 TBS thyme
2 TBS crushed bay leaves
2 TBS parsley flakes
1 tsp basil leaves
2 TBS black pepper
1 TBS cayenne pepper
1 tsp Accent
1/2 cup salt

Mix together, sprinkle on the shrimp and on to the grill. I served it with Jasmine rice and roast red peppers. Mmmmmm. We served it with some local white wine. Great light meal for a warm day.

I hope all is well with you.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment