Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bone Yards



Bone YardsBy Paul H. BetancourtCopyright June 2012
                Before the price of scrap iron spiked a few years ago, every farm had a ‘bone yard’ where old equipment and broken bolts went when they died. They were kind of picturesque. As a photographer I could find interesting shapes and colors to shoot. The rusted equipment looked good in color or black and white.
            The enviros want us to recycle. Well the price of scrap went up a few years ago and it was finally worth the gas to load stuff up and haul it in. We had over 20 years of stuff piled up in the bone yard. I hauled over three tons of stuff to the recycler before we got serious and got a dumpster out there and really started tossing junk out.
            Now the yard looks a lot cleaner. Even the neighbors noticed. But, wouldn’t you know it? Cleaning up the yard is like cleaning out the junk drawer in your kitchen, no sooner do I finally toss something and I can think of a dozen ways I need it.
So, the yard is cleaner, but I can’t find anything! And I have to look harder to find interesting pictures.
Hope Y'all have a great week watching the Olympics
USA! USA! USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment