Saturday, October 12, 2013

Grinding the Orchard

The grinder arrived yesterday.
Actually it is pretty amazing. Two skip loaders feed the grinder, the trees are loaded and chips fly out. It will take two or three day to finish the whole orchard. It really looks barren out there after all these years of having trees wrapped around the house.


Cotton harvest starts Monday morning. The equipment is ready.Now we will see of the cotton is ready.

Flat
By Paul H. Betancourt
Copyright December  2012
                  Yeah the Valley is flat. But, at least my view every day is framed by the Coast Range on the West and the Sierras on the East. It’s beautiful.
            I can watch the sun creep over the Sierras and light up the Coast range in the morning as I head out to the ranch. And, I can watch the sun set over the same coast range and light up the Sierras with pink alpenglow.
            Yeah, the Valley is flat, but it’s flat and fabulous! We have wide open spaces that make up some of the best farmland on the planet.

I hope you all have a great week. Meanwhile, I'm gonna pick some cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment