Saturday, April 9, 2016

An Open Letter to State and Federal Water Managers

Another interesting week on the farm. We got over an inch and a half of rain last night. [The forecast called for a tenth to a quarter inch. If these guys can't get the forecast for one day correct can you understand why we question their forecasts for the next century? But, I digress.

It's hard to remember it was 90 degrees three days ago isn't it? How about trying to decide when to plant cotton? There are only two things I know for sure about growing cotton- if you plant it dry it will not sprout and if you plant it cold it will get sick. So, we planted a little and stopped until Monday to see if things are going to clear up. Can you see why going to Vegas holds no real interest for me? That's not gambling. It's over in a few moments. Try laying a million bucks out in the dirt for six months in the wind and weather. Now that's gambling.
An Open Letter to Felicia Marcus
And all the other state and federal water managers.
By Paul H. Betancourt
April 2016

I have a question for you-

You all don’t seem to take water conservation very seriously- why should we?

After two years of lecturing us about water conservation.
Two years of brown lawns and buckets in our showers state and federal regulators have sent over 872,975 acre feet out to sea!!! That is enough water for over 1.6 million California families for a whole year!!!

Since last summer you have telegraphed the drought wouldn’t be over even if we had an El Nino winter. Actually, that is what it means. Actually, that is what it means. Droughts are when it doesn’t rain. Droughts are over when it starts raining again.

You all favor Australian drought management methods. I think I know why- it uses centralized government command and control. The problem is you guys are not very good at this. Why not take a lesson from the Israelis. Two years ago Prime Minister Netanyahu was in California and suggested Israel had learned some lessons about water management that could help California. From the Governor on down you gave him the cold shoulder. I have visited Israel. They have will about water. They don’t dither and do studies- they get the job done.

J’accuse-You all have mismanaged our water system and we must pay for your politically correct failures.

Do you want a way out? Stop thinking one dimensionally. There are wet years and there are dry years in California. We need to save the water from the wet years like this for the dry years. This isn’t going to happen if you all keep blowing water out to sea.


We need a healthy economy AND a healthy environment. Please try and work on solutions with that in mind. We are at the end of our ropes here. We can’t live with too many more of your mistakes.

4 comments:

  1. Makes good sense.......anybody listening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO YOU WISH TO BE A VAMPIRE OR YOU WANT YOUR OWN POWERS AND PROTECTION COME AND BE AMONG THE VAMPIRES KINGDOM TODAY AND YOU GET WHAT EVER YOU NEED OKAY CONTACT LORD SHAKA AT ( lordshakavampirekingdom@gmail.com )
    I turn to a vampire any time i want to. i become a vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a powerful man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to human also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded man in my country. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire kingdom by given me their email. All thanks to Lord Shaka for your empowerment if you want to become a powerful vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their EmaiL:(lordshakavampirekingdom@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  3. DO YOU WISH TO BE A VAMPIRE OR YOU WANT YOUR OWN POWERS AND PROTECTION COME AND BE AMONG THE VAMPIRES KINGDOM TODAY AND YOU GET WHAT EVER YOU NEED OKAY CONTACT LORD SHAKA AT ( lordshakavampirekingdom@gmail.com )
    I turn to a vampire any time i want to. i become a vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a powerful man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to human also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded man in my country. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire kingdom by given me their email. All thanks to Lord Shaka for your empowerment if you want to become a powerful vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their EmaiL:(lordshakavampirekingdom@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone is doing well. I have some news to share today....In the next week I am moving to NOLA and hoping this new journey will put me back into the attitude that change is good. So much to do and not enough time to do it. I am so thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life (including Pedro Jerome) a loan lender that support me at all times I am excited and also worried my life has been such a downer for so long that getting out of it has been hard but I do really feel that this change is going to be the best thing I need right now and I have hopes that all good things do come to those that wait.
    I'm thanking a loan lender who helped me with a loan of 1 millions dollars to boost up my business once again at the rate of 2% annual return which is so wonderful and I would like anyone stuck in financial situation to reach out on Pedro the loan lender on pedroloanss@gmail.com for a loan assistance.
    So please keep me in your thoughts and thanks to this blog I can at least keep in contact with all of you.

    ReplyDelete