Sunday, August 21, 2011

Almond Harvest

and that is what a year's worth of work looks like. Pretty isn't it? And tasty too!

The first variety of almonds are up and on their way to market. The next variety will be shaken on the 29th. In the meantime we are sneaking a shot of water on the trees to keep them going.

This week we will work in the shop. No irrigating on the cotton. Next week we will put the last irrigation on the cotton.

Before I sign off, here's my recipe for roast almonds.

Roast Almonds
4 cups of almonds

1/8 cup of olive oil

2 tbsp salt

12 minutes and check

350F
Note- you can use any type of oil, I use olive oil
Also, be creative and try different types of salt. Garlic salt is yummy. I think I have tried Pappy’s. Zatarain’s Cajun salt is very zippy. I have my own creole salt I use also. Have fun.


Mmmmmmm. Yes, that is a yummy sound.
Fresh almonds taste great, but a can't eat too many. Maybe that is a hint.
Roasted almonds taste fab-u-lous, and I can eat them all day long. Again, maybe that is a clue of some sort.

I hope y'all have a great week.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment