Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We got the ground bedded up before the rain hit.
Now we will try to get the wheat in in between rains.
We have much to be thankful for. It has been a good year. Below is the text of this week's radio bit on KYNO.

I wish Y'all the Happiest of Thanksgivings!
Reflections on Thanksgiving- 2011

When I was a kid Mom made us send Thank you notes when we got birthday and Christmas presents. At ten I hated it.

Today my illegible, hand written notes are famous among family and friends. I have my fountain pen and sealing wax… When I send a thank you note I want my friends and family to know I appreciate their gift and thoughtfulness.

There is something healthy about saying Thank You.

Considering the daily headlines we sometimes forget we have much for which we can be Thankful. We live in the Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. We forget, that warts and all, we live in a time and place with the most freedom, prosperity and peace for the most people in the history of the world.

We also have someone to whom we can be Thankful for our blessings. I know many people get squidgy about religion and I understand. But, the very freedom to express our religion- or not, is another blessing for which we can be Thankful.

I like Thanksgiving.

The weather has cooled.
The crops are in.
And it is a good time to take a moment out of the rush of daily life, and take a deep breath.
I have much for which to be Thankful and someone to whom I can give thanks for another great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment