Saturday, May 3, 2014

How the Drought Affects Non-farmers

   One of my favorite sounds of Spring is listening to the Tri-Colored Blackbirds out in the wheat fields. While I miss the almond trees around the house, I realized that the blackbirds have moved in to the oats we have planted behind the house. Last night I sat on the back porch with a book and a cup of coffee and was serenaded by my black bird friends as the sun set. Another pure pleasure of living on the farm.


   Some folks in Firebaugh, California thought it as important for you to know that the lack of water doesn't just affect farmers. They put together the video in the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMO6CQRS2Y

There are a lot of good people who are ready to work hard to grow your food. All we need is a little water.

I hope you all have a fabulous week.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment