Friday, May 9, 2014

My New Book is Out!

For those of you have enjoyed This Week on the Farm here in the blog, or on the radio, you can now own the book! I have selected some of our favorite This Week stories, added some photographs and even a few recipes. You can find the book at Amazon.com as a hard copy and for your Kindle. I will also get hard copies over to the Clovis Book Barn in a few weeks.
The cover art work was done by Jeanna Burdine-Slaven. She is awesome! I wish I could draw like that.

 It has been another busy week on the farm. The cotton is growing quickly as the weather warms. We started fertilizing this week. We also have to spray weeds and furrow out by June 1st so we can be ready to irrigate.
   We have been irrigating the almonds with the drip system. It will take some getting used, but it is pretty amazing.

   Now, if you don't mind I am going back to packing. I leave tomorrow for a week in China. I will be visiting cotton merchants, mills and farms with one of the merchants who buys our Pima cotton. We will also have a few days touring the sites in Beijing. I will post some pictures.
   I have been looking forward to going to China for years. They are major cotton producers and consumers. I been reading their economic reports for thirty years. I love reading, but their is nothing like a few days there on the ground. As a student of history, religion and politics I think China will be very interesting. They have a long and proud tradition and they are vigorously engaged with the modern world.

I'll check back in with you when I get back.
Yes, I will be taking pictures.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment