Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving II

     The tractors work is done, so we are slowing down to full speed on the farm. The weather has bee fabulous. Cleaning the pickers is no fun when it is 50F with cold winds.
     We got the water started on the wheat. The goal is to get it all watered by Christmas so we can enjoy the holidays with our families knowing the work is done.
   We do have Fall colors here.
This is the view from our back porch yesterday as I sat grading papers.

Here is the second Thanksgiving piece I did for radio this week.


Thanksgiving Day II
By Paul H. Betancourt
Copyright November 2012

I think what C.S. Lewis says about praise also applies to giving thanks. It is, "inner health made audible."

Thanksgiving Day is important.
Thanksgiving Day is more than one day in the rush of 365 other days.

We have a lot to be thankful for. In the rush of life we, OK, I forget to say, "Thank you" too often.

You know me well enough to know I like that Lone Ranger, rugged individualism stuff. But even with all that I know I depend- a lot, on other people. Telling them Thank You wouldn't kill me and would begin to acknowledge how much I appreciate them. Giving thanks is "inner health made audible."

There is a certain grace and humility that comes with giving thanks. In giving thanks I am acknowledging I can’t do it all myself.

Even if you don’t farm, we can all give thanks-

For the harvest,
For the God who makes it possible,
And for the hands who produce our food.

The food on our tables didn’t get there by accident. It takes a lot of work, by a lot of people to feed us. I, for one, am thankful for all their work.

I hope Y'all have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment