Sunday, December 2, 2012

Food Safety

Sorry, not much to report this week. I have a really nasty head cold.
Always busy on the farm. The equipment is cleaned and put away. We are watering wheat and we started pruning the almonds.


Food Safety
By Paul H. Betancourt
Copyright November 2012

                I wish I could really tell you how maniacal producers are about food safety. If I told you everything- it wouldn’t  fit in this report and you might not believe me. I am not kidding when I say food safety is top of the list for the people who grow, process and cook your food.
            I have a friend who is an organic farmer. He’s ready to quit growing organic, in part because of the amount of time he spends doing paperwork to certify his produce is organic. Instead of being out on his farm every day actually working to produce food, he spends a significant amount of his time filling out forms to make paper-pushers happy.
            I was once asked by a reporter if I thought our food was safe. I said, “Of course. Think about it; if one child gets sick on milk it makes national news doesn’t it?”
            Restaurant owners take food safety to a whole new level.
            Farmers, food processors and restaurant owners are absolutely maniacal about food safety-and that is OK. We want you to be confident that the food you buy is safe

I hope Y'all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment