Saturday, December 21, 2013

Peace on Earth, Good Food for All!

   The wheat is watered and the tractors are parked. The men have earned a break and taken off to visit their families for the holidays.
   Sheryl and I have managed to come down with colds. But, we will get over them in time to visit family ourselves. In the meantime, rest and fluids. You know me, that means a cup of coffee and a good book. Not a bad start for vacation after all.
   It has been along and interesting year. A lot of work on the farm, but it is always more fun when we make a few bucks instead of losing our...shirts. There have been some good adventures. I am still processing the trip to Israel. Some nice bike rides. And, lots of good visits with many of you.
   
 This is still one of my favorite radio bits.

Christmas on the Farm
By Paul H. Betancourt
Copyright December, 2011
                  I would like to wish y’all a Merry Christmas. Of course I know not all of you are Christians and many of you are not people of faith at all. I want to wish you Merry Christmas because that is where I draw my hope and faith. For my Jewish friends and neighbors- Happy Hanukkah. For those who celebrate Kwanzaa- Happy Kwanzaa. The message of the first Christmas was “Peace on Earth, Good will to all Mankind.” I hope that is still a message we can all agree on.
                  Food and family are at the heart of many gatherings this time of year. What is it about food and celebration? It sure makes a difference doesn’t it? Seeing friends and family is great, but there are special foods we don’t have at any other time of the year. I only make fudge for the holidays. There is also my bleu cheese spread and spiced cider.
                  I know our doctors want us to eat our fruits and vegetables. I am not a nutritionist, but my theory is if we eat right most of the time we can loosen up once in a while- and this is one of those times. So, I want to encourage you. Enjoy visiting family and friends. Enjoy good food from our Valley’s abundance. The message of the first Christmas was, “Peace on Earth and Good Will to Everyone!”


Blessings these holy days.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment